Friday, February 27, 2009

A Note to Primary Leaders and Workers

We have had several instances lately where I realize that our kids do pay attention in primary so I wanted to share two of them with you in hope that you do realize that even when they don't seem to pay attention they are...even Kelsey the sunbeam.

Kelsey was on the kitchen floor the other night doing a puzzle and humming. The humming then changed to the song "Do as I'm Doing" and she sang it (well wailing is probably more appropriate) over and over and over again for around 30 minutes. I asked her if she sang that song at school (since she had gone to school that day) and she said no, we sing school songs at school and church songs at church. This is a church song.

In the car yesterday out of the blue Audrey asked me if that story that her art teacher told everyone at church about long time ago being in a car and being hit by a really big truck and then going to the hospital and not being hurt badly was true. Kelsey replied, "last Sunday?" Audrey said, "no two Sunday's ago don't your remember?"

I know Sundays are a challenge right now in our temporary building and sometimes you wonder if anyone hears what you are saying much less remembering it and thinking about it. But they do. THANKS!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

LOL!! It's crazy the stuff they remember!! I'm glad SOMETHING is sticking in those little heads!! :-)

Jaime said...

that's so good to hear! btw, I'll show you the dresses tomorrow, I need you to make some Easter dress bows for us please:)