Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Story about Bones

In the 9 years Randy and I have been married I have bought a whole chicken that you have to cut up once. After cutting it up I promised myself I would never buy a whole chicken again. Boneless, skinless chicken is so worth the extra money to me.

So last night I didn't have anything out for dinner, and I was running short on time so I thought I would get a bucket of KFC chicken. I don't think I have ever bought a bucket of chicken in my adult life, though we use to have it when I was a kid and I always loved the chicken legs.

Sitting down to eat, I put a chicken leg on each of the girl's plates and realize that this is their first experience with piece of chicken that isn't cut up like a nugget. I show them how to eat it and then Audrey realizes that there is a bone.

Audrey: "There is a bone in the middle of this chicken...where did it come from?"
Me: "From a chicken"
Audrey: "Someone killed a chicken?"
Me: "Yep"
Audrey: "I have never seen a bone before, I didn't realize they were so slippery"
Me: no response but thinking greasy would be a better word
Audrey: "We better save this bone and give it to a scientist."
I also finished my new lego set. The "green grocer." Randy gave this to me for our anniversary. It is a four story town house. The detail on it is amazing...most detailed lego I have ever had (and I have been collecting legos since I was around 10). I guess now I have to clean the house or do something else more productive then building.


1 comment:

Wendy said...

LOL!! I can't believe someone would kill a chicken! ;-)