Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Family Hike



Last Sunday, we went on a family hike. We walked through the woods behind our house and around to some other woods we had never been through and then we came to a "highway" and crossed the road. We ended up here in the picture above. It is an area that they cleared last year or maybe even longer ago. I am not sure if a neighborhood was supposed to be built or what. But for now it is just piles of logs and dirt. It reminded me of the badlands or whatever they were called in The Lion King. Then when I saw this picture and noticed that Audrey had brought "the lion king" on the hike I had to laugh. While we sat here and had our snack we were swarmed by vultures. They were getting a little too close for me (and were starting to outnumber us). I guess they must have nests somewhere nearby.

The girls were asking yesterday if we could go another hike. I guess we could go a "snow hike" tonight. Yes, snow again...

No comments: