Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New Hobby

So it has been a little while since I posted :) So in summary, we celebrated all the holidays, Audrey turned 7, Randy and I celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary, and it seems to snow here all the time lately.


So this is a picture of my latest hobby...extreme couponing. The picture below is from a trip to Publix, it was $50 but after coupons it was $11.73. I have so much "stuff" these days I have had to put a limit on myself. Since the end of January I have had a $50 a week grocery budget. Otherwise, I will just keep buying stuff. I am also shopping weekly at CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid. I am using cash for those (from rebates) so technically I am not spending any new money there, I just keep "rolling" my money. I haven't been to Walmart in over 8 weeks and do not think I will ever go back. I do still shop Target but I haven't yet decided how to create my Target budget.


So most of this was learned by http://www.southernsavers.com/ I also use http://www.totallytarget.com/ and http://www.iheartpublix.com/. The woman who runs the southern savers website is doing a couponing workshop in Monroe on March 25th. The cost is $10.




It amazes me how much you really can get for free, or almost free. Since this was on the penny item day, the toilet paper was a penny (I have heard it isn't even worth that...we will see!). The 6 cans of Hunts tomoto sauce and the 2 cans of Muir Glen organic tomato sauce were free. The margarine was 15 cents, the knorr sides 10 cents, ragu 35 cents, uncrustables 45 cents, and lunch meat 50 cents. The cereal was $1 box (I can't believe how much I use to spend on cereal).

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Wow. You need to teach me.