Thursday, September 24, 2009

New Stuff

We have been doing a major furniture shift in our house. I love it because I LOVE moving furniture around. It is a great chance to clean and organize things. Now Audrey and Kelsey are in their own bedrooms. We gave Audrey our bedroom furniture (it was just a dresser and nightstand and then the headboard was stored in the basement) and we bought new furniture for our room. Actually Randy went and bought the furniture since he is the negotiator in our family. We are going to be finishing the final room in the basement which will become the new toy room. So for now we have toys and toy room furniture kind of dispersed among the girls rooms and my office.

Here are pictures of our room, the furniture was delivered yesterday. The walls are bare and we need some sort of window treatments, but that has always been a problem for me. I never seem to be able to find something I like for the windows. And it is just hard to take a picture of the bedroom where you can see everything.





Audrey started karate this week. You can't really see in the picture but she is in the middle in red. She practiced some of her moves on us after her class, and seems to really enjoy it. We are reminding her often that she can't just walk up and karate chop someone in the side (like she did Randy)...so if she says anything to you like "hey grab me like this, or raise your hand up like that" I wouldn't do it....she is just setting you up to take you down.


We had a fun week and are heading towards a fun time of year. Randy is going to be playing softball, Kelsey is loving school, trips are planned to the pumpkin patch and Halloween costumes are being decided.

2 comments:

Opp Family said...

I love moving furniture too! Your new furniture looks great!

Joanna said...

I love that she's in Karate! Oh and your bedroom furniture looks great... someday I'll a have room bi enough to actually hold somethign other then a bed! ;)

*thanks for saying that about Ethan on Sunday.... I STRESS over his behavior at church so it was good to hear!!