Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Audrey's Art



Audrey had a drawing from her art class displayed in the Barrow County Schools Fine Art Festival. We received a note yesterday letting us know so we visited her art work at the Art Center downtown. Her comment when she found her picture was "why would my art teacher choose this one? does she really think this is my best drawing? I don't like the nose on this at all" The assignment was called "shape people" so I guess they had to use only basic shapes to draw. There were around 8 various pictures from kindergartners at her school, so she felt pretty special to have her's chosen.

We also heard from her teacher that Audrey told them a story about Easter that started with "The Easter bunny brought me something that was too expensive for us to buy...." That Easter bunny sure has deep pockets!

We had a very nice Easter, I will post pictures when I get them off the camera. We are going on a trip to Chattanooga for spring break in a couple of days. I am counting down the days! The girls are very excited to stay at a hotel with an indoor pool. We could probably stay at the hotel the whole time and they would be thrilled.

We also found out Kelsey was picked for a spot at the Early Learning Center for preschool next year. She is very excited to go to school all day. We know she will have a blast.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

you guys will love the Choo-Choo, one piece of advice? The food in The Garden restaurant is BLAH,BLAH, BAD. :) HAVE A FUN SPRING BREAK!!