Friday, October 3, 2008

Say it ain't so Joe

I stayed up way past my bedtime and watched the debate. My favorite part was when Governor Palin said "... Let's do what our parents told us before we probably even got that first credit card. Don't live outside of our means. We need to make sure that as individuals we're taking personal responsibility through all of this. "

It was refreshing to hear at least some mention that in part our current problems are because people made bad personal decisions. Now if only they had some plan that used positive reinforcement...I would love to hear them say "here is your thank you check for paying your mortgage."

1 comment:

Jaime said...

amen, whatever happened to accountability?! my DH's dad works in a prison and they are filled with so-called "innocent" inmates, who really believe they are guiltless. I wonder when that began, when they weren't taking responsibility for their actions, it was always someone else's fault. so many greedy cowards out there in my opinion! ps- loved your drill here, drill now comment:)